Thursday

El Mejor Trabajo en el Mundo/ The Best Job in the World

As of today there are 98 days left until the beginning of the 2012 London Olympics! 

Proctor and Gamble (P&G) has been releasing a series of commercials in honour, not of the athletes, but of the mothers that support the athlete throughout their journey of reaching the Olympics, calling motherhood the most difficult AND best job in the world. I completely agree Proctor and Gamble! I am focusing on the most current release for this activity.

It is a very well done video, very touching, in fact. It was directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu, whose work I love. (I own all of his movies.)

A quick glance at P&G's youtube channel shows me that their videos are produced in many languages, with this one being in English, a Spanish version with subtitles (which I used for my activity), a Portuguese one, a dubbed and edited to only show one of the athletes Polish and Czech version (hmmm, interesting...). 

I've thrown together a quick worksheet that incorporates watching the video with answering some questions, filling in gaps and completing a listening read out loud by the teacher.




No comments:

Post a Comment